COVID-19 Precautions & Preparations
Our Commitment to you
Welcoming guests to Garmoran Square has never been far from our mind, since we closed the doors back in March. We are delighted that come the 4th July we will be able to welcome guests once more.
We realise that for many of you there are some concerns when it comes to staying at the Garmoran Square but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can ‘Escape with Confidence’ and with this in mind we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that we have implemented at Garmoran Square.
If the information below, does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01967431456 or emailing us at email@example.com
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Garmoran Square soon.
Susan and Kenneth MacDonald
Garmoran Square has always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level.
The changes we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from Scottish Government, supported by industry specific advice from Association of Scotland’s Self Caterers. We are delighted to have passed Visit Scotland’s ‘We’re Good to Go’ assessment. We advise that based on the Scottish Government’s position, the one household restriction for private homes will also apply to self-catering properties when the revised regulations become law on Friday 25th September 2020.
The Garmoran Square is and will remain private, set in its own garden and grounds.
To be present on property, you either need to be a guest, a staff member or a pre-authorised (and health-screened) visitor.
General Practices & Protocols, Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection Policies
Our Valued Guests
- You will be asked to complete a pre arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival
- If you arrive at the property with COVID-19 symptoms, unfortunately, you will be asked to return home and your monies refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Hand sanitizer points will be located at the gate as you enter Gamoran Square and we ask that you use this.
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place in the grounds of Garmoran as you make your way between your house and car park, or when in the garden.
- We have cleaned your house with extra care and sanitised it using a disinfection sprayer
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- We have placed individual toiletries in bathrooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Additional disinfection will have taken place at high touch room and bathroom areas (Door knobs, TV Remote, etc)
- We will send out our new non-contact arrival and departure procedures
- We ask that during any interim cleans required during your stay guests are not present during this time.
- Likewise, with any maintenance issues a maintenance visit will be arranged when guests are out of the property (unless in the event of an emergency)
- Although all cutlery, glassware and mugs will be put through the dishwasher prior to your stay we recommend that you wash and kitchen equipment or crockery prior to use.
- Follow the West Highland Peninsulas Visitor Charter Covid-19 Response when out and about within the community.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas (car park, paths and gardens
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at the gate and bin store area
In house facilities
- Games, puzzles, a small selection will be available, and these will be rotated weekly to allow cleaning
- A small selection of books, DVD’s and local information will be left in the house, but again this will be rotated each let to assure sanitisation between use
- A small amount of scatter cushions and a throw will remain, however please be aware the majority have been removed and again these will be rotated weekly to assure sanitisation between use
Our team’s commitment to you
- All team members are required to: -
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 operating procedures
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Garmoran Square you commit to:
Complete your Guest Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that when and where appropriate, that you make use of the hand sanitiser. We ask that everyone respects the 2m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.